Getaway: A new glamping experience!
Enjoy “glamping” with Getaway
Not crazy about camping on the ground? Don’t rule out a trip into nature and off the grid! Lock away your phone and connect with loved ones at a Getaway location near you.
Getaway was created to give people time, space and permission to go offline in a small cabin away from the city. All Getaway properties feature collections of cabins (or even renovated motels) called Outposts. While each cabin is fairly secluded and has its own space, you should expect to see other cabins on the land.
Here are the current Getaway locations (near to the closest large city):
- Boston: Getaway Blake Brook is in Epsom, New Hampshire
- Washington D.C.: Getaway Shenandoah is a short distance from Shenandoah National Park in Stanardsville, Virginia
- New York City: Getaway Catskills is in Catskill, New York
- Atlanta: Getaway Chattahoochee is in Suches, Georgia (from $119 a night)
- Portland: Getaway Mount Adams is in Glenwood, Washington
- Los Angeles: Getaway Big Bear is in Running Springs, California
- Dallas: Getaway Piney Woods is in LaRue, Texas
- Houston: Getaway Brazos Valley is in Navasota, Texas
- Austin and San Antonio: Getaway Hill Country is in Wimberley, Texas
- Pittsburgh and Cleveland: Getaway Beaver Creek is in Lisbon, Ohio
Cabins are teeny-tiny (averaging 140-200 square feet for 2, 3 or 4 persons) and come with the must-have basics such as cooking essentials like oil, salt and pepper; a tiny 2-burner kitchen with pots, pans and utensils; diningware; non-perishable provisions like pasta, snacks and coffee for purchase; fresh linens and towels; a hot shower with biodegradable shower products; and A/C and heat.
You can purchase other extras from the onsite Getaway Provisions. All cabins have their own outdoor space with a private fire pit, picnic table and chairs.
Bring along your fur friend for a small cleaning fee. Pets must be on a leash outdoors and never left inside the tiny house alone.
This is an escape to nature so cell phone service may be a little spottier than normal — or not available at all. Cabins are equipped with a landline for calls to the Getaway team or to 911 in case of emergency. As Getaway proudly states in its FAQ section, “There is no Wi-Fi and never will be.”
The Getaway Team ensures guest safety with these features:
- No check-in desk
- Deep-cleaned cabins
- All staff in proper PPE
- 50′ – 150′ between cabins
- No in-person interaction with site staff
Have more questions or want to see what former Getaway guests have said? Check out the reviews.
Finally, Getaway offers Packs that can be used for any cabin at any location:
- Three Weeknight Pack for $300 (saves up to $297): Any three consecutive weeknights (Monday-Friday)
- Three Night Pack for $350 (saves up to $267): Any three consecutive nights
- Getaway Pack for 4 Mix + Match Nights for $450 (saves up to $386): Any four nights in any combination, consecutive or one night at a time
- Getaway Pack for 6 Mix + Match Nights for $650 (saves up to $604): Any six nights in any combination, consecutive or one night at a time
See Thegadgetlocker’s travel planning and booking guide for the best tips on stress-free travel, and check out InsureMyTrip.com for travel insurance.